8.06.2011

New York Character: Yalitza Rodriguez !

Age: 20
Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
Interesting Fact: "I wake up sometimes in the middle of. The night and write ideas"

Memorable Quote..."Im eating pancakes and I think I just ate a fruit fly" -_-

HOW DO YOU DEFINE YOURSELF?

Ugh I guess I'm not like most people who can go off on a tangent about themselves. I find talking about myself one the most challenging things because it all stems back to being defined. And being defined isn't my thing. I mean don't get me wrong defining things in your life isn't a bad thing, but I'm just infatuated by being uninhibited...

WHAT ARE YOU STUDYING AT JOHN JAY?

Cultural studies and deviant behavior. I feel like I'm just starting to live! I mean I am 20 years old, a junior in college, and I have this extreme thirst for knowledge. A lot of people have labeled me as rebellious, but in life if you don't question everything you will just be another person going with the grain. Thats just not my style. I do really love theater. I discovered this when I joined this City At Peace program with a group of innercity teens who all have my same drive they just needed the right influences and what better way is there when you learn to express yourself and tell someone's story through improvisation acting. I love working with teens and children they possess so much hope for our future. Ask any kid what they want to be when they grow up and they will voice it loud and proud, but sadly I find that if they aren't given the right tools and encouragement they tend to follow with whatever everyone else is doing. I think at some point in my life I want to be that tool for youth, give them confidence and most importantly believe in them. That being said I also want to travel, learn how other people live and experience their culture first hand. From the beginning I said I love to be uninhibited and I mean that in every sense I don't want to settle I want to constantly being moving, learning and dancing. Lol

WHAT ARE SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT YOU?

 I don't even know where to begin on some of the fun facts about myself.. I love to dance not in any conventional way although I do hope to take a few classes someday. Uhh being active is super important, its one of the only true things that keep me sane in my life.
Whether its through Bikram yoga or martial arts, which by the way are two things I am very passionate about. It helps me maintain balance and discipline in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment