7.25.2011

Do GREAT Things..featuring Jamaal Thompson of Far Beyond Music Ent.

Your Life, Your Art BLOG  is a site that broadcasts dynamic individuals. This site would lose credibility if I did not feature Jamaal Thompson @tharealjamaal. Besides being one of the funniest people I know, he is the founder of Far Beyond Music Entertainment

What is Far Beyond Music? Far Beyond Music is appreciation for music and everything that surrounds it. Its consists of Natru Hi (artist), Faye (artist) and Christian Mar (Fashion Designer)... Its not just another label its an ode to music and its effect on life FBM includes a fashion line (Don Christian Laurence) which was created and is ran by Christian Mar...I created this brand in means of making music relevant and part of everyday life again because nowadays u really can't get in touch with most of the artist I just felt that the industry needed another empire that had it all music, fashion, entertainment, and did things in the community and that's where I feel me and my brand steps in at

What makes Far Beyond Music different than other labels?  What sets my label aside from any other is the fact I don't call it a label I think of it as a brand a way of life...also we're very family oriented and I think the bond I have wit my artist and different side affiliates is way different then labels that's out here.

What message do you want the label and artists to convey? The message I want my label and my artist to portray is that whatever it is you do go above and beyond it sounds cliche but if you take greatness a step or two further and touch on things others haven't it will put you on a different bracket whether it has to do wit music or just everyday life

Where do you see yourself and Far Beyond Music in 5 years?  In 5 yrs I see my brand as a household name...I want us to touch on the movie scene, fashion, education and beyond

Why did you want to go into the music industry? I always was deep into music growing up wit my older brothers era of music at 4 yrs old I knew the words to any slick rick song on as I got older I watch friends freestyle and I was always good with words so I would join in at lunch time and say a few punchlines that would have my classmates open...once I reached high school me and my boy Ralphy started Ghost Town records where we would destroy any1 at the lunch table...years later I was talking to my boy Chipz the General who already was in the game did a little stint wit Sony and I told him I wanted to start my own label not as a rapper but behind the scenes where I got to select my own artist and really bring music to where it was when I was growing up wit the Biggies, Pacs, Big L, mary j, donnel jones, dave hollister those type of artist were dominating the game...he told me that grinding for what u believe in pays off and linked me up wit some good people in the industry ever since then I never looked back

What has happened that has made you more secure in your success? I really felt like I had my place in the music industry when I dropped my artist Natru Hi 1st mixtape of my label...it didn't hit me until the mixtape was finished, cover was made and I heard him yell out Far Beyond Music on 1 of his songs it may seem minor to any1 else but it gave me a sense of achievement and with his skills and my mission for Far Beyond Music stood for I felt a sense of longevity...its still a shock to me when I have conversations with people like Jimi Kendrix (grammy nominated platinum super producer, Evan Brown (best emerging producer of the year nominee), Cook Carter ( Producer for Money Under Pressure Records) as well as other artist in the game like HeadCrack, Young B, Natasha Mosley, 40 Cal and others like its nothing...just 2 yrs ago I had a far fetched dream of being in the same bracket as the artist I only heard on the radio now I'm chillin wit the producers who gave them hits I appreciate everything that has come my way and what Chipz have done for me

Anything else you would like to add? I just want to tell any1 who is following their dreams to wake up and make it reality u only live once...stay on the lookout for Natru Hi sophomore mixtape, Faye debut mixtape, and a couple of big surprises and announcements coming real soon...Far Beyond Music

No comments:

Post a Comment