7.21.2011

STYLE ICON: Kionnei Lyons !

Age: 22
Hometown: Bronx, NY
Interesting Fact(s): "I love to watch classic black and white movies; I turn guy clothing into cute girl clothes. I want to better the human race each day I am fortunate enough to be on this earth."

What makes Kionnei a style icon?: "I am not too into fashion designers because I feel the person who wears the clothes make it come to life. I do not look at it as style, I see it as a form of expression. I am a young lady full of complexities and I am fortunate enough to live in a city where it is normal to express yourself through clothing and it is not considered weird."

Who is your favorite fashion icon and why? "The people of New York City because it is so much originality and diversity walking these mean streets."

Kionnei's clothing store:  "Right now, ALL SAINTS, (http://www.us.allsaints.com/) although I can not afford it. I go in that store and I see bits and pieces of me. It goes from raw chick from the Bronx to straight off the runway. But until my pockets are fat I will stick to thrift stores and making old clothes into something funky!"

Kionnei's advice to women: "accentuate legs, legs and more legs! My grandmother had the BEST legs in Harlem! I am blessed to have them passed down. Legs are flirty and sensual. I truly encourage women to wear whatever they feel and be unapologetic about it. Who run the world???"

No comments:

Post a Comment