7.25.2011

Friends With Benefits: How common is it? Can it work?

"Friends with Benefits" has been relevant in our culture in the recent years. Sexuality and relationships are not black and white anymore. There isn't any rulebooks on how people should relate, and connect to each other. Young people do not just have sex with who they are in relationships with or even have feelings for.

The sexy Justin Timberlake and the talented, and charismatic Mila Kunis star in the movie, Friends With Benefits. The story is about a guy and a girl who are good friends and decide to cross that line without getting into a relationship. Friends with Benefits is a common term and seems like an ideal situation but can it work?

Have you ever had a "friend with benefits"? Can it work?

Jorge, 42: Yes, we would have twice a week. It was good until I moved. After that, she confessed her love. Glad I moved when I did. Things would have gotten complicated.

Evelyn, 29: I do not like it because I would feel used. I am old school, and that just seems inappropriate. I have had one but it did not last long because I did not like how it made me feel.

Rasheim: It can definitely work. It just has to be between two people tat can be respectful and honest with each other the entire time.

Daniel, 31: Sooner or later someone will catch feelings. It can get uncomfortable. You are not really "friends" anymore once you add the benefits.

Jasmine, 19: I have had a friend with benefits but it ended because he was engaged.

Danny: Yes. It was great. Because we were honest up front. It was a mutual attraction and we were close friends. It went on for close to a year. It was long distance, once a month. She would come to NY from LA and stay with me 4-5 days. It ended when I got into a relationship with someone I had more romantic feelings for. We are not friends to this day, it is not appropriate now that I am married.

Jessica, 27: Yes I have. It does not have to get complicated if you are honest with your feelings. It really depends on the person.

No comments:

Post a Comment