7.29.2011

NEW YORK CHARACTER: CATHLEEN

Cathleen Meredith
Age: 29
Hometown: Sacramento, CA

An interesting fact about Cathleen.. "I ROCK!" So yeah, writer, artistic, novelist, philanthropist and role model, Cathleen Meredith is certainly a character reaching for greatness. Cathleen inspired me to pursue my dreams and I hope she does the same for all of you. Cathleen moved to New York City to pursue her dream of becoming an actress, comedian and writer.


HOW ARE YOU LIKING NEW YORK?

"I've always wanted to come here. The sound, the pulsating, noisy power of the city spoke to me. My love affair did not end after arriving years ago. While the jaded, tired and disillusioned messes that are on the subway, i am daily amazed by what happens here. I am amazed by the people, culture, and the pilgrims like me. NYC is the love of my life, for better or for worse."

WHAT DID IT MEAN FOR YOU TO FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS?

"Basically it means sacrifice. It means perseverance. It mean follow through and it takes some hard work. Moving past the years of discovery and defining the dream. I am now at the time to achieve it. This part is exciting. At the same time, it demonstrated what I am made of and what I am willing to do to live the life I imagined."

TELL US ABOUT YOUR WRITING: 

"I write drama stories about the here and now. About relationships, and everything that makes us who we are. I have written more days than I can count. I just completed my first novel and I am currently working on my screenplay."

WHAT ADVICE DO YOU GIVE YOUNG ASPIRING ENTERTAINERS WHO ARE AFRAID TO GO FOR IT?

"Life is short. no one wants to look back on their life and regret. Langston Hughes said it best: a dream deferred is like a raisin in the sun. We are all gonna die some day. Might as well go out with a bang. Know that you lived the life you dreamed about as a kid."

WHAT DOES CATHLEEN DO ON HER DOWN TIME?

"I go to church. I read. I dance. I travel. I like to explore and try new things and places. I like working with kids and teenagers. I love theatre and seeing plays. Big Broadway plays and small local stuff. I love combing my passions: God/theatre/teens/writing. That is when I am happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment