7.28.2011

Who is Benjamin Wiliam-Pierre Franxo?

In his words.. "It’s the kid BEN Frank & no…I don’t make music or do any other cool, creative shit like that so I don’t even know why I’ve been summoned for this blog honestly.


SIIIIIIIIIIIIKE !


"On some real shit though, I’m Benjamin William-Pierre Franxo …BEN Frank for short."


He also considers himself an entrepreneur, dope mover, barista, and an average joe. An interesting fact about him, "I find beauty in almost everything....no homo" One about us, I was a barista too. But anyways...


Benjamin Franxo
Age: 21
Hometown: Bronx, NY


HOW IMPORTANT IS IT THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO EXPRESS YOURSELF THROUGH MUSIC?:


I’ve been rapping since I could talk & I started talking at 2 years old. I’d rap all the shit that was blaring from the speakers until I was 8 & decided I wanted to be one of the many voices I heard composing words in melodic format. It was then that my pops taught me how to count bars. From there I wrote & recorded my first song entitled “Round Here” (We Ghetto) complete with 3 16 bar verses & hook…8 years old nigga. Now, 14 years later, I’ve come to the realization that I’ve been blessed with a very special & unique talent for expressing myself in some of the dopest ways possible.


FASHION:


"As far as fashion goes…I dress like I’m 6 different people. This is so because I grew up in a lot of different scenes & I love to be versatile. Nowadays, I don’t even care about what others wear. My style is so ME that I don’t have idols when it comes to getting dressed. One day you can catch me in a pair of Jordans & a V-neck with some cargo shorts & the next I’m in cut off colored skinnys, basic ass vans & a loud ass tank. The only thing that really doesn’t change is the fact that I wear a lot of Mishka & I’m always gunna have my favorite snap back of the moment near. I don’t necessarily wanna become a “Fashion Designer” or anything, but I feel like I have some dope ass ideas for tee shirts, snapbacks & other cool fashion items so why not wear em & have the people who support my movement wear em too?? Basically, I just want the world to know what it’s like to be me. I’m a pretty fucking stellar guy in my opinion & the opinion of a lot of others. Now I wanna know if the rest of you agree."

BEN'S MUSIC:


When it comes to making music I feel like there’s a certain intimacy that comes along with it. If you’re just writing shit to write it, which I’ve done before while collaborating with other artists, I don’t consider that “making music”.  When you present a part of yourself in a song…something real, something that YOU FEEL & want others to reference while feeling the same. When you give a piece of your soul to the track that’s beneath you or the track that you’re creating…that’s what it is to make music, shitty or not. I feel that artists like Travis McCoy, Tom DeLonge, Kanye West, Jay-Z, Eminem, Pharrell Williams, Pete Wentz, Curt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix & even Tyler the Creator all MAKE/MADE MUSIC! They bring forth what it is to put who you are into the music, breathe life into their art. I feel like my own personal style of creation is going to make time stand still because I have absolutely no hang ups about my art anymore. It’s like this, I’m going to write what I want to hear & what I want people to know about me. I’m also going to do it in any particular style or “genre” of music I want to do it in while it’s happening. I feel like niggas make music chasing a paycheck these days, not I."


WHAT IF PEOPLE DON'T LIKE YOUR MUSIC?:


"I could give a fuck less if I NEVER get signed or people don’t like my music or my clothes or my point of view in general& I’ll continue to put my own money behind this. I wouldn’t say you’re not dope cause you say “FUCK DOPEMVMT!”  you know? That shows that you’re opinionated & that you don’t give a fuck, which I think is pretty dope within its self."


DOPEMVMT ! :


"In the coming months I will be unleashing a plethora of amazing art to the world falling under one large umbrella (that unfortunately lacks Rihanna) called DOPEMVMT (The Dope Movement). DOPEMVMT is everything that has anything to do with BEN Frank, basically the world through my eyes. MY WORLD!!! From the music I enjoy making to what I enjoy listening to, the clothing I like to wear or create myself & just shit that I find creative & well…Dope. DOPEMVMT is literally everywhere already. It lives in the souls of the many like-minded individuals that I’ve been blessed to come across in these 22 long ones."


HEAR BENJAMIN FRANXO'S MUSIC  !

No comments:

Post a Comment